WASHINGTON - History is made with every four years. The Smithsonian Book of Presidential Trivia offers a chance to test your knowledge of Inauguration Day factoids.
Ready to try a few?
- Who was the first first lady to donate her inaugural gown to the Smithsonian?
- Which president was the first to have his inauguration broadcast on radio?
- Which president had to borrow a bible for his first inauguration?
- Which president was sworn in by a former president?
- Who was the first president to take his oath of office in Washington, D.C.?
"In many ways it reflects the history of the nation," says Harry Rubenstein, curator with the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History.
"We often look at American history, and presidential history, and how they parallel each other. It's a way we mark our story -- our national story," says Rubenstein.
"Presidential trivia is a fun way of entering into this larger history of the nation," says Rubenstein.
Follow this link to the answers to the trivia questions.
(Copyright 2013 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)