WTOP News – Nominate Your Frontline Hero Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF
WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: Listeners who are 18 years of age or older and reside in Maryland, DC or Virginia may nominate their favorite essential worker currently putting their own health and safety at risk for the sake or their job (“Nominator”) in the WTOP Nominate Your Frontline Heroes Contest (the “Contest”). Each frontline essential worker being nominated in the Contest must be at least 18 years of age or older and reside in Maryland, DC or Virginia and currently working as an essential worker at the time of entry (each, a “Front-liner”). PLEASE NOTE that the Front-liner is the person who may be deemed the Grand Prize winner, and not the Nominator. A Nominator may NOT nominate themselves as the Front-liner. Employees of WTOP-FM, LLC, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 (the “Sponsor”), N/A (collectively, the “Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the DMV area, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period: Nominators may submit their nomination in this Contest beginning at or about 12:00:00 PM CT (noon) on April 13, 2020 and ending at or about 3:00 PM CT on May 15, 2020 (“Nomination Period”). Then, winners will be selected each weekday beginning at our 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) on April 20, 2020, and ending at or about 5:30 p.m. CT on May 17, 2020 (the “Winner Selection Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter, Nominators can visit www.wtop.com during the Nomination Period, search “Hero” and complete the online official entry form, which includes the Nominator’s name, phone number, email address and home address, and; the Front-liner’s Name, Email Address, Home Address, Occupation, Occupation Address and Phone Number, along with an option to add a reason why you are nominating that Front-liner in 150 words or less which if provided may be aired on WTOP without further notice or approval. Limit one (1) nominee per Nominator. Sponsor is not responsible for internet or telephone line unavailability, incomplete uploads of any nomination or other technical problems that may arise in connection with your entry into the Contest. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. By submitting a nomination, you hereby acknowledge and agree that your nomination may be aired on WTOP without prior consent by or notice to the entrant and for no additional compensation.
4. How the Winners are Chosen & Notified: Then, each weekday (Monday – Friday) Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Front-liner to be a winner some time during the 9 am hour and one (1) Front-liner to be a winner some time during the 3 pm hour (for a total of two (2) Grand Prize winners each weekday), Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries that are received up until each random drawing occurs. Non-winning entries WILL roll over to subsequent random drawings. The Nominator and the Front-liner featured in the winning -2- nomination will each be notified by telephone and/or email on or about the day of the random drawing, and the winning Front-liner’s name may be read on-air on WTOP.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”) – Fifty Six (56) Grand Prizes – A $100.00 cash/check to winning Frontliner, and a $100.00 in Frontliner’s name to Feed the Fight DC. ARV: $200.00 each. PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Prize will be awarded to the Front-liner in the nomination who will hereinafter be referred to as the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. The Winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any, but only at for the value of the $100.00 cash/check they receive and not for the donation made in their name.
6. Claiming the Prize: Upon Winner verification, Sponsor will mail the Grand Prize check to the Grand Prize winner to the address provided by the Grand Prize winner during the winner notification and verification process. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and liability, including, but not limited to. negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use, for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the -3- equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
10. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state courts of Maryland, DC or Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the States of Maryland, DC and Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of States of Maryland, DC and Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the States of Maryland, DC and Virginia.
11. Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules see the Website until May 31, 2020, or the name of the Contest winner (available after May 31, 2020), send a hand-printed, self addressed, stamped envelope by May 10, 2020 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), WTOP Nominate Your Front-Line Hero Contest, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy, Chase, MD 20815
12. Sponsor: WTOP-FM, LLC and its station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy, Chase, MD 20815