The WTOP Charity of the Month is
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is at the forefront of the fight to cure cancer. We are the largest nonprofit dedicated to creating a world without blood cancers. Since 1949, we’ve invested nearly $1.3 billion in groundbreaking research, pioneering many of today’s most innovative approaches.
More than 65 years of fighting blood cancers has led us to a game changing belief. The cures for cancer are in our blood. Revolutionary new treatments originally discovered through blood cancer research are now being tested in clinical trials for other cancers.
The National Capital Area Chapter of LLS is bringing life-saving therapies and hope to more than 27,000 patients and their families in the D.C. Metro Region.
• LLS is celebrating its 70 year legacy by launching the new LLS Children’s Initiative. This initiative seeks to accelerate treatments with fewer harmful side effects, so young patients with cancer not only survive, but thrive, for generations to come.
• Since 2017 to date, an incredible 49 blood cancer treatment options were approved – and LLS helped advance 43 of them, somewhere along their development journey.
Progress like this is only possible because of volunteers like you. LLS is the best investment you can make – your support saves lives, enables critical research, and patient programs. Become a part of LLS’s mission to cure blood cancer by participating in our local events.
Bring light to the darkness of cancer as we walk to cure cancer this October!
Join over 12,000 people in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area walking in support, in memory and in honor of those fighting blood cancers. There are three Light The Night walks in the National Capital Area Chapter
• Saturday, October 12 in Rockville, MD
• Friday, October 18 in Reston, VA
• Saturday, October 26 in Washington, DC.
REGISTER TO WALK TODAY: www.lightthenight.org/nca.