Residents from 42 housing units were displaced Saturday when a fire tore through three buildings in Prince George’s County, Maryland.
The blaze began around 7 p.m. on Hil-Mar Drive in District Heights, according to a Prince George’s County Fire/EMS spokeswoman.
When crews arrived, flames burst out of the upper floors, with some people trapped on the balconies.
All the residents were able to escape the fire uninjured, with four people receiving assistance from firefighters.
A preliminary investigation shows the blaze was started after someone accidentally knocked over a candle. The three buildings suffered water damage, and their gas was turned off.
The county’s emergency management office and a local branch of the American Red Cross will assist those displaced by the fire.
The incident caused more than $100,000 in damages.
Below is where the fire took place.