WTOP – CLICK FOR A CAUSE FACEBOOK CHARITY CONTEST
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to enter, qualifying charities may go to the www.wtop.com website from Monday, April 7, through 11:59:59 p.m. on April 13, 2014 (“Entry Period”), click on “Contests” under the Living navigation bar and click on the Click for a Cause contest, or go to www.wtop.com/clickforacause or wtop.com/click4acause, and complete the entry form to nominate itself, which includes the following: name of charity, address of charity, charity website URL, charity telephone number, point of contact for the charity, up to 250 word description of the charity, charity size by annual total expenses, and a JPEG logo for the charity (to be uploaded by WTOP on the website) (collectively, “Qualifying Submission”). In order to qualify, each entry must meet the Qualifying Submission requirements by providing all items listed above. Any entry that does not contain all of the items listed as a Qualifying Submission or has incorrect information, or whose information cannot be verified may be disqualified at WTOP’s sole discretion. The charities will all be broken out into three (3) separate categories by size, based on annual expenses as follows: up to $3.5 million; $3.5 million to $13.5 million; and over $13.5 million (each, a “Category”).
Each charity submitting a Qualifying Submission will then be posted on the WTOP Facebook page for voting as set forth in Paragraph 2 below.
WTOP is not responsible for problems accessing the website or completing the entry, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. WTOP reserves the right to have fewer than three (3) Categories if there are not enough Qualifying Submissions received in any particular Category.
- HOW THE WINNING CHARITIES ARE CHOSEN: Charities can enter as explained in Paragraph 1 above. Then, from 12:00:01 a.m. ET on Monday, April 21, 2014 through 5:00:00 p.m. ET on April 25, 2014 (“Public Voting Period”), the public can vote for their favorite charity as follows: visit www.wtop.com/clickforacause or www.wtop.com/click4acause (or click on contests under the Living Icon and click on the “Click for a Cause” contest. Then,”like” the WTOP Facebook page (optional), find and vote for your favorite charity by “liking” the charity’s page. Each “like” will automatically be counted as one (1) vote. Limit, one (1) vote per charity per email address. The charity with the most votes/likes throughout the Public Voting Period in each Category (as defined in Paragraph 1 above) will be deemed the grand prize winner of that Category and will receive the Grand Prize (subject to verification). The charity with the second to the most votes/likes throughout the Public Voting Period in each Category will be deemed the runner-up winner of that Category and will receive the First Prize (subject to verification). In the event of a tie, the WTOP will select the winning charity via a random drawing between all tying charities to determine the winning charity for that Category.
- PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV’s”):
Three (3) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Category): A $10,000 check to the winning charity. ARV: $10,000 each.
Three (3) First Prizes (one (1) per Category): A series of radio spots (up to $5,000) for the First Prize winning charity produced by and aired on WTOP. WTOP will also assist in creative copy for the spots. ARV: $5,000.00 each. WTOP shall have until December 31, 2014 to run any spots produced in connection with this First Prize, based on available inventory, at WTOP’s sole discretion. Each spot shall be :30 announcements, and run between 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. Monday through Sunday.
A qualified winning charity must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. Each winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes, if any. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, each winner is solely responsible for the applicable taxes.
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: Each winning charity has forty-eight (48) hours from the day it wins to verify the charity is a qualified winner and either accept or decline the prize. If WTOP does not hear from a winning charity within forty-eight (48) hours of being contacted, WTOP reserves the right to choose the charity who receives the next highest number of votes per Paragraph 2 above. Once a winning charity has completed the prize verification process, the prize will be mailed to the address provided by the winning charity or winning charity may be required to pick up the prize at WTOP’s studios at 3400 Idaho Avenue N.W., Washington, D. C. 20016. WTOP is not responsible for problems resulting from the mailing of the prize to the winner’s address. Each winning charity must prove it is a qualified and eligible winner by presenting evidence proving the charities 501(c)(3) tax designation and annual expenses as well as any other documents evidencing the charity is a qualifying charity as acceptable to WTOP. If a winning charity cannot prove it is a qualified and eligible winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WTOP. Prizes will not be issued to winners unless an Employer Identification Number is presented.
- ELIGIBILITY: Charities must be incorporated in Washington D.C. metro region or have a verifiable Washington DC regional area chapter, and the majority of the charities funds must serve the DC metro region (proof of such fund distribution will be required as a condition of being deemed a winner) in order to be eligible to enter this Contest and be deemed a winner. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this contest, you cannot have won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WTOP within 365 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, WTOP, or other radio stations in WTOP’s DMA, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this contest or claiming a prize in this contest in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this contest and from participating in WTOP contests for a period of one year.
- RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winning charity may be required to have an authorized representative of the charity execute an affidavit of eligibility prior to receiving a prize. Each winning charity (a) agrees to release Hubbard Radio, LLC, Hubbard Radio Washington, LLC, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., WTOP (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding or acceptance of the prize(s), and/or misuse of any prize, or to participation in the contest or in prize-related activities, including any travel related thereto, and (b) consents to the use by WTOP for promotional purposes, of the charities name, and the Qualifying Submission (which may be posted on the WTOP website) without any additional compensation. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
- WINNER LIST: For the names of the winning charities, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before May 30, 2014, to Winners List, Favorite Charity Contest, WTOP, 3400 Idaho Avenue N.W., Washington, D. C. 20016.
Decisions of WTOP concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WTOP reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. WTOP is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. WTOP reserves the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice.