WASHINGTON — Eight men from across Maryland are facing charges after Howard County police said they caught them in a prostitution sting.
In its effort to stop human trafficking, county officers launched an undercover operation that netted eight would-be johns.
Detectives placed fake ads on websites known for prostitution and police said the men who called the number in the ads spoke with an undercover officer who agreed to meet them at a hotel on Laurel’s Washington Boulevard.
When the men arrived and offered money for sex, they were arrested and charged with solicitation of prostitution and disorderly conduct.
Police said those facing charges are:
- Edilberto Vazquez-Domingu, 32, of Laurel
- Jose Sorto-Montiel, 30, of Laurel
- Ravi Bahethi, 52, of Bowie
- Nathan Kaiser, 35, of Columbia
- Julio Roque-Garcia, 36 of Hyattsville
- Junior A. Orellana-Leiva, 21, no fixed address
- Deanthony Colvin, 28, of Frederick
- Trung Nguyen, 33, of Glen Burnie
The department has a hotline set up for victims to report abuse and seek resources, including housing, treatment and other help. Call 911 or 410-313-3200 to speak privately to a detective.
Victims, or those who know of a potential victim, can report abuse to the police tip line at 410-290-3784 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.