2022 WTOP Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. The WTOP Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are 18 years or older and residents of Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia who receive the email invitation to take the WTOP Survey (“Survey”). Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 (“Sponsor”). Hubbard Radio, LLC, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”) and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will begin at 8:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday June 27, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on July 4, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, look for an email sent out by WTOP that includes a link to the online Survey. To enter, click on the link to the Survey, and find and complete the Survey. At the end of the survey, those interested in being entered into the sweepstakes will be asked to submit their email address. Once you have entered your email address, click “done” to submit your survey and be entered into the Random Drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address during the entire Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 4, 2022, to be entered into the Random Drawing. Any entries submitted after 11:59:59 PM ET on July 4, 2022 will be disqualified and will not be eligible for the random drawing.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an email entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number or email address is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded via a random drawing, which will be conducted by Sponsor on July 5, 2022, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of being named the Grand Prize winner depend on the number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and binding. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone or email on or about the day of the random drawing. Sponsor will make up to 2 attempts to contact the potential Prize winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential Prize winner after 2 attempts that potential Prize winner will forfeit the Prize, and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining entries received.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize – WTOP Prize pack consisting of a DMV Download t-shirt, WTOP Tshirt, WTOP pen, and re-usable tote ARV: $100.
Prize is non-transferrable, and not substitutable and not redeemable for cash. Sponsor may substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. Prize winner may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. The Prize winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
6. Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, the winner will mail the Prize Pack to the Grand Prize winner, to the address provided at the time of winner verification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged or stolen mailing of the prize.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Prize Provider which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of Prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s and Prize Provider’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
12. Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, see the contest page on www.wtop.com.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.