Official Rules –WTOP “CLICK FOR KIDS” 2017 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING
1, How to Enter: To enter, beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on February 13, 2017 through 5:00:00 p.m. ET on February 24, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”), Principals and Vice-Principals of public or charter K-12 schools located in one of the following school districts or counties can nominate their school (hereinafter, “Eligible County”):
– In Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Calvert County, Charles County, Frederick County, Howard, County, Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, and St. Mary’s County;
– In Virginia: Arlington County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Stafford County, City of Alexandria, City of Fairfax, City of Falls Church, City of Manassas, City of Manassas Park, Spotsylvania County, Rappahannock County, and Culpeper County
To nominate their school, Principals and Vice-Principals of public or charter schools located in an Eligible County can visit www.wtop.com (“Website”), search “Kids,” and find and complete the entry form by providing his/her name and title, school, school address, a contact email address, telephone number and a short description of what his/her school would use the money for (up to 250 words). All email addresses must be a valid school email address, which will be authenticated by Sponsor before a nomination will be considered valid and posted on the Website for the voting period. If a non-school email address is provided, the entry will be void. Once a participant has completed the entry form, the nominator will be directed to a confirmation page. If this page is not received, the entry is not valid. Nominators will also receive an email asking for their email to be authenticated. Nominations will not be accepted and will be void if the email is not authenticated. WTOP is not responsible for emails that go to spam and/or junk folders. Limit one (1) entry per school. Winning schools from the previous year (2016) sweepstakes are not eligible to participate in 2017. All entries must be received and emails authenticated by 5:00:00 p.m. ET on February 24, 2017 to be entered into the Sweepstakes.
- How a Winner Is Chosen/Winner Notification: From 12:00:00 a.m. on March 6, 2017 through 5:00:00 p.m. ET on March 17, 2017 (“Public Voting Period”), each school’s entry which meets the nomination criteria will be posted on the Website where the public can vote for their favorite school. In order to vote, each voter must be at least 13 years of age or older, and must provide his/her name, email address, birth date and zip code. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Limit of one (1) vote per person/per day during the Public Voting Period. Votes cast for one person on multiple email addresses are subject to disqualification. The school with the most eligible votes will be deemed the Grand Prize winning school, the school with the second to the most eligible votes will be deemed the First Prize winning school and the school with the third most eligible votes will be deemed the Second Prize winning school. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all tying participants to determine the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of votes received. The winning schools will be notified by authorized WTOP representative via email or phone on or about March 20 2017, and the winners will also be posted on the Website. Failure to respond to the email notification or telephone message within five (5) days will be deemed forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications or telephone messages that are undeliverable or not received. As a condition of being named a winner, the potential winning schools will be required to execute and return within 10 days of a notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor during notification attempt) an Affidavit of Acceptance, Eligibility, Publicity (where legal) and Liability Release (“Release”) as well as a W-9 form for tax purposes. If for any reason (i.e. incorrect contact information, failure to respond, failure to properly execute and return documents) the Release and W-9 form are not properly executed and returned to Sponsor within 10 days of the notification attempt, or within the time specified during the notification attempt, such potential winner will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner, time permitting. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification and receipt of the required documents set forth in Official Rule #2 above, Sponsor will mail out the prizes to the winning schools. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, damaged or delayed mailing of any prizes. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): One Grand Prize – A check for $15,000 to the winning school. ARV: $15,000.00. One First Prize – A check for $10,000 to the winning school. ARV: $10,000.00. One Second Prize: A check for $5,000 to the winning school. Prizes only consist as items specifically listed as part of the prize.
- Eligibility: Open and offered public or charter schools that are nominated by their Principals or Vice-Principals and are located in an Eligible County as defined in Official Rule #1 above. Employees and directors of Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its radio station WTOP (“Sponsor”), and Hubbard Radio, LLC and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to participate or enter. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to request any necessary legal documentation proving a school is eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes.
- Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or winning school’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize. Entrants and voters agree to receive promotional emails and/or news alerts from WTOP. People can opt-out of those emails by unsubscribing at any time.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Winners during a modified public voting period as determined solely by Sponsor, or via a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such voting or random drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes. Entrant further agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
- Disputes/Governing Law. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of Winners or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Minneapolis, MN under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Minnesota state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall follow Minnesota law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Hennepin County, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Released Parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Minnesota. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Minnesota; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
- Winners List/Official Rules: For names of winning schools or copy of these rules, see our website.
12. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Washington DC, LLC and its station WTOP, 3400 Idaho Avenue N.W., Washington, D. C. 20016.