WASHINGTON — It’s about the last thing you’d expect to happen at a food-safety conference: an outbreak of food poisoning.
But that’s what may have happened earlier this month, the Baltimore Sun reports.
The Food Safety Summit was held April 7 through April 9 at the convention center, and four people who had been at the conference reported that about 12 hours after eating a meal there on April 9, they had diarrhea and an upset stomach.
Baltimore’s health inspectors investigated the operations of Centerplate, the food contractor at the convention center, and found only a dripping ice machine, which was fixed, according to The Sun.
No one from the conference had to be taken to the hospital, the Sun reports, and no one has been sick at the center since.