BREAKING NEWS Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell will be allowed to remain free while he appeals his corruption conviction to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Loudoun County investigating townhouse carbon monoxide leak

WASHINGTON – Loudoun County Fire Department is investigating a possible carbon monoxide leak Wednesday evening at a townhouse in Ashburn, Va.

Loudoun County Fire says 14 people have been taken to Lansdowne Hospital to be checked for carbon monoxide poisoning.

The leak was caused when someone left a car running inside a garage in the 22600 block of High Haven Terrance, a county spokeswoman tells WTOP.

All 14 people inside the townhouse were in the area for the holidays and have been taken to the hospital as a precaution. Loudoun County Fire says all were conscious and alert.

Follow @WTOP on Twitter.



Advertiser Content