The Village at Shirlington will be hosting a new summer music festival starting next week.
The “Shirlala Music Festival” will include 10 weeks of live music from various genres, plus wine tastings from Shirlington’s Cheesetique store. The festival is an outgrowth of the former Shirlington jazz festival.
The event is free and open to the public, but the wine tasting is $5. It will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. every Thursday, from June 13 to August 22 (except July 4).
This year’s musical lineup includes:
- June 13 — Jeff Carmella Band (Rock)
- June 20 — MARS 4-tet (Jazz)
- June 27 – King Teddy (Swing)
- July 11 — Dan Haas Trio (Pop Rock)
- July 18 – Lloyd Dobler Effect (80s & 90s Covers)
- July 25 — The Shack Band (Rock & Funk)
- August 1 — Ewabo (Steel Tropical Drums)
- August 8 — Taylor Carson (Acoustic Rock)
- August 15 — The Morrison Brothers (Southern Rock)
- August 22 — Beach Bumz (Jimmy Buffett Tribute Band)