WASHINGTON – Here’s a quick list of what’s closed on Presidents Day. To learn about what you can expect for traffic and Metro, click here.
- All federal offices closed.
- No mail delivery.
- City offices, schools, libraries, courts closed.
- Trash and recycling pushed back one day.
- No meter fees.
- State offices closed.
- Local government offices and courts closed.
- Schools closed.
- Parking meters are not enforced, but Alexandria and Arlington have holiday parking regulations.
- Regular trash pickup, except for Fairfax City and Alexandria where there is a one-day delay.
- Libraries closed.
- HOV restrictions lifted.
- State offices, courts closed
- Local government offices closed except for Frederick.
- Schools closed.
- Libraries closed, except for Frederick.
- Liquor stores in Montgomery County are closed.
Sprawl and Crawl
- No parking fees in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties except at National Harbor and the New Carrollton Metro garage.
- Parking fees in effect in Howard and Anne Arundel Counties.
- MARC trains: not in service.
- VRE trains: not in service.
- MTA Commuter Bus: Not inservice except for Bus Route 201, which will operate on a weekend/holiday schedule..
- Metrorail: modified Saturday schedule. Some stations are closed and there is lots of track work is underway. View the closures here.
- Metrobus: Saturday and supplemental schedule.
- Ride-On Bus: modified holiday schedule.
- Prince George’s County The Bus: modified schedule.
- Alexandria DASH: Saturday schedule.
- King Street Trolley: normal schedule from 11:30 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Fairfax City CUE: modified weekday schedule.
- Fairfax Connector: holiday weekday schedule.
- PRTC OMNIRIDE: modified holiday schedule. More details here.
- Smithsonian museums are open.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.