Michelle Basch, wtop.com
WASHINGTON – The Summer Olympics may be happening in London, but there are plenty of specials and viewing parties being held at establishments in and around D.C.
Here’s a sampling:
- Now through August 12, Capitol Hill’s Art and Soul is serving an “All- American” cocktail made with Prichard’s Lincoln County Lightning. Plus, the price will drop from $13 to $6 for 15 minutes after each U.S. gold medal win.
- Capitol City Brewing Company in Shirlington is offering Olympic-themed food and drink specials, including an Olympic Rings Martini.
- Good Stuff Eatery on Capitol Hill is serving up Brit Burgers and Sticky Toffee Shakes during the games.
- Watch some of the Olympic events free on theater-size screens at Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital on Capitol Hill.
- Public Bar in D.C. is showing the Olympics, and offering $4 Sam Adams seasonal beers.
- The Quee n Vic British Pub in D.C. has a special menu for the duration of the games, and every time Great Britain wins a Gold medal, pints of Newcastle will be $4 all day.
- Time Out Wings & Grill is offering a bunch of special eats for $9.99 each during the Olympics. They include Pork Belly, Stuffed Zucchini, Ribs and Salmon and Shrimp Roulade. You can also add a chef-selected craft beer for just an extra $2 during closing ceremonies.
- Show up to support Team USA at the Sign of the Whale in D.C. and get $5 Tito’s Vodka cocktails, as well as $5 Bud and Bud Lights during the games.
- Union Jack’s in Ballston, Bethesda and Columbia has “brilliant British themed specials” on food and drink.
- Virtue Feed and Grain in Alexandria has $12 Olympic inspired specials Monday through Saturday 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. An extra $2 gets you a domestic canned beer.
Follow Michelle Basch and WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)