WASHINGTON – Head’s up motorists in the District of Columbia: More than two dozen new speed cameras will be going live and issuing citations soon.
The Metropolitan Police Department began a 30-day education phase May 7, during which drivers have been receiving warning citations.
On June 6, the police department will be issuing live citations.
The locations were chosen as sites with the highest number of crashes and injuries, calls for police service and high speed volume.
Below is a list of the new speed camera locations:
- Southwest Freeway SW at Exit 4 westbound
- I-I395 SW after Exit 4 eastbound
- 400 block of 14th St SW northbound
- 200 block of 17th St NE southbound
- 800 block of Maine Ave SW north-westbound
- 1300 block of 4th St SW southbound
- 9th Street Tunnel NW southbound
- 3000 block of Foxhall Rd NW southbound
- 1800 block of Harvard St NW north-westbound
- 7600 block of Georgia Ave NW southbound
- 4800 block of Georgia Ave NW southbound
- 1700 block of North Portal Dr NW south- westbound
- 2800 block of Bladensburg Rd NE south-westbound
- 3100 block of Bladensburg Rd NE north-eastbound
- 2200 block of South Dakota Ave NE south-eastbound
- S. Dakota Avenue NE westbound prior to V Street
- 700 block Franklin Street NE westbound
- 1400 block of New York Avenue NE north-eastbound
- 1500 block of West Virginia Avenue NE north-eastbound
- 2000 block of West Virginia Avenue NE south-westbound
- 3100 block of Minnesota Avenue SE south-westbound
- 3000 block of Minnesota Avenue SE north-eastbound
- 3700 block of Massachusetts Avenue SE south-eastbound
- 3900 block of Pennsylvania Avenue SE south-eastbound
- 4300 block of Texas Avenue SE southbound
- 4800 block of Texas Avenue SE northbound
- 5000 block of Sheriff Road NE westbound
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)