Michelle Basch, wtop.com
WASHINGTON -- If you're having a tough time finding the right holiday gift for the hard-to-please people on your list, the WTOP Gift Guide will help you get your shopping done.
- Chalet Slipper Socks with a fun and trendy Fair Isle pattern. $45 at Woolrich.com.
- FOSSIL's Clear
Vintage Strand Necklace will add sparkle to any outfit, even a plain T-shirt. $58 at FOSSIL.com.
- These layered iPhone 4 cases from Container Store are retro-cool, and each comes with two inner linings so you can switch from one color to another whenever the urge strikes you. $32.99 at ContainerStore.com.
- The peel-and-stick Rococo Chalkboard is shaped like a fancy mirror. Stick it in the kitchen or an office, and feel free to move it and stick it again. $36 at MenusAndMusic.com.
- Here's a gift for a guy who loves baseball. A wallet made from slices of authentic MLB game-used balls. $68 at SundanceCatalog.com.
- Tired of coasters that stick to the bottom of your glass? Man Coasters won't. They're made from weighty chunks of granite and recycled rubber. $42 at UncommonGoods.com.
- KEEN Howser Slippers are like cozy sleeping bags for his feet. $47.96 at Backcountry.com.
- Football fans (not just guys) will love these NFL earbud headphones. $14.99 at NFLShop.com.
- On snow days, get the kids playing outside with the Zipfy Mini Luge Snow Sled. $39.99 at Brookstone.com.
- The Hot Wheels Video Racer Micro Camera Car allows kids to shoot video from a car's point of view. They also can mount the camera on something else, such as their own bike. $54.99 at ToysRUs.com.
- The Pet's Eye View Camera clips on to your pet's collar and helps you find out what your puppy or kitty's been doing all day. $54 at fredflare.com.
- Need a gift for a teen girl? Three words: magnetic nail polish. Brush it on, hover the magnetic cap over your nail, and you get a cool wave effect. $16 at Sephora.com.
- Do you worry when your kids play with your iPad, or their own? The Big Grips Frame and Stand for iPad or iPad 2 is a thick, cushiony case and stand that will protect the gadget from sudden drops. $49.95 for both at biggrips.com.
- Here's a teddy bear that's extra talented. He has a built in MP3 player and speaker, and comes pre-loaded with children's music and nature sounds. You can also add other songs or your own voice recordings. The MP3 Teddy Bear is $49.95 at Hammacher.com.
For The Host or Hostess:
- Instead of bringing a bottle of wine for your party host, bring an ornament shaped like one. Or, bring the wine and hang the ornament from the neck of the bottle. $16.95 each from SurLaTable.com.
- Stainless Steel Martini Glasses keep drinks colder longer. Set of four for $49.95 at Hammacher.com.
- These customizable hanging frames are made of two pieces of glass that you can press anything between. A photo, a flower, a ticket stub, the list is endless. $12.95 each at Signals.com.
For Those with a Sense of Humor:
- If the world really is going to end on Dec. 21, 2012, as some believe the Mayans predicted, this page-a-day calendar will help you laugh through your last days on Earth. $10.39 at Amazon.com.
- The WineRack is a sports bra you fill with your favorite beverage. It comes with a drinking tube and valve. No kidding. There's an equivalent product for guys called the BeerBelly. They're $29.99 each from Kotulas.com.
- Who doesn't love bacon? Here's a platter that always looks full of bacon, even when it's not. $19.50 at PerpetualKid.com.
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Emma Watson revels in her post-"Potter" freedom at Cannes.
More cursing happens in Maryland than across the Potomac River.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
An 800-pound alligator? That's not bad for a first hunting trip.