Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Weinstein to release Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight'

Thursday - 9/4/2014, 9:18am  ET

FILE - In this Feb. 28, 2014 file photo, U.S director Quentin Tarantino shows a v-sign during the 39th Cesar Film Awards at Theatre du Chatelet in Paris, France. Tarantino is moving forward with "The Hateful Eight." The Weinstein Company said Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2014, that production on "Hateful Eight" would begin in January 2015. (AP Photo/Jacques Brinon, file)

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Quentin Tarantino is moving forward with "The Hateful Eight."

The Weinstein Co. says it will distribute the filmmaker's latest project -- a post-Civil War Western -- next year in the largest 70mm release in 20 years.

The film studio said Wednesday that "Hateful Eight" will also be released in other formats following its initial 70mm debut. Tarantino has been an outspoken critic of digital filmmaking.

Tarantino previously proclaimed he wouldn't make the film following an online leak of the script.

Weinstein Co. said Wednesday that production on "Hateful Eight" would begin in January.

Bob and Harvey Weinstein have a long history with Tarantino. They distributed such Tarantino films as "Reservoir Dogs" and "Django Unchained."


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.