WASHINGTON - Free cab rides will be offered for those needing a ride home following Fourth of July festivities in the D.C. area.
The Washington Regional Alcohol Program's SoberRide initiative will provide free rides home up to a $30 fare from 10 p.m. Thursday until 4 a.m. Friday for those who call 1-800-200-8294. AT&T customers can simply dial #WRAP.
Rides cannot be reserved in advance, and callers must be 21 or older to use the service. Calls must originate from within Montgomery and Prince George's counties and the cities of Rockville, Bowie, College Park, Gaithersburg, Greenbelt and Takoma Park in Maryland; Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William and eastern Loudoun counties and the cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park in Virginia; and D.C.
While waiting for a SoberRide taxi, passengers should look for a cab from the following participating companies.
- Alexandria Yellow Cab (Alexandria)
- Barwood, Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Fairfax Yellow Cab (Fairfax County)
- Loudoun Yellow Cab (Eastern Loudoun County)
- Manassas Cab Company (Prince William County)
- Red Top Cab Company (Arlington County)
- Silver Cab of Prince George's County (Prince George's County)
- Yellow Cab of District of Columbia (District of Columbia)
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County (Prince William County)
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.