WASHINGTON - Workplaces can be tricky things. Some are filled with wonderful colleagues and great memories, while others are like a scene out of "Office Space:" red tape, stolen staplers and cringe-worthy bosses.
If you're hunting for the perfect workplace, look no further. Washington Business Journal compiled a list of the best companies to work for, and many are local.
- McEnearney Associates - The realtor has seven offices that host
events like water balloon fights and Flip-Flop Fridays.
- RBC - An annual barn dance and three days of free lunch make this wealth
management services company a fun place to work.
- James G. Davis Construction - The company pays 100 percent of all health,
dental and prescription plan premiums for employees and their dependents as well.
- The Motley Fool - The multimedia financial services company has unlimited
vacation and recognizes special occasions with travel vouchers for up to $1,500.
- Baker Tilly Virchow Krause - Nationals games, white-water rafting and massages during tax season are just some of the perks of working at this accounting firm.
- Ntiva - What could better than bonding with coworkers at Capitals games?
Employees at the McLean information technology provider seem pretty happy to do
- Studley - Based in New York, the commercial realtor offers winter trips to
places like Paris and Venice.
- Rand - The D.C. construction firm provides catered lunches four days out of
- Vion - Early Friday hours and an in-office gym keep employees at the D.C.
software firm happy.
- Bogart Associates - Employees enjoy $750 annually for wellness activities like facials and gym memberships from the Vienna IT provider.
- Ackerman Brown - The D.C. law firm has personal trainers on-site.
- The Goal - The information technology firm based in Dulles allows employees
to work remotely and offers them unlimited vacation time.
- Entegra Systems - The Ellicott City technical services provider contributes
handsomely to employees' 401(K).
- CST Group, CPAs, PC - The Reston-based company offers seasonal work weeks
- Matrix Consulting - Employees get 100 percent of their health benefits covered at this Reston technical solutions provider.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.