Join the Court Appointed Special Advocate Community
in Prince George’s County, today!
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of children in your community? Are you ready to become an advocate for a child in need? At any given time, there are over 500 youth in foster care in Prince George’s County due to the abuse or neglect they experienced at home. Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) is looking for compassionate and motivated individuals ready to fulfill their potential to serve the community by being trained to become an advocate for these vulnerable youth. Our goal is for every youth in foster care to have a Court Appointed Special Advocate on their team. If you want to join the CASA community and advocate for youth in foster care, we are looking for you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– CASA volunteers ensure that the court and child welfare systems remain focused on the specific needs of individual youth.
– CASA volunteers make sure youths’ needs are met and help them find a safe, permanent home as quickly as possible.
– CASA volunteers serve as investigators, mentors, reporters, and ultimately advocates.
– For more information on the volunteer role, please visit pgcasa.org/volunteer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Must be at least 21 years of age or older
● Ability to pass background screening Criminal Background Check; Driving Record Check; Child Abuse Registry Check; Social Security Number verification; National Sex Offender Registry; Reference Checks (3)
● Ability to attend 37-hour pre-service training
● One year or one case commitment to the program
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/ Prince George’s County, Inc
6811 Kenilworth Ave, Suite 402Riverdale MD, 20737