3 killed in Chicago shooting identified; suspect car found

CHICAGO (AP) — Authorities have identified three young men who were gunned down while standing outside a convenience store on Chicago’s West Side.

The Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office says 19-year-old Charles Boston, 22-year-old Tion Lewis and 23-year-old Quashun Nolton died at Mt. Sinai Hospital following the shooting Wednesday afternoon in the West Garfield Park neighborhood.

Police say the men were standing outside the store when people in a white sedan opened fire on them. A fourth victim, a 22-year-old man, is in critical condition at another hospital.

The attackers are still at large and police haven’t said if they know who’s behind the attack. However, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday on Twitter that investigators have located the car, which had been reported stolen and was missing for weeks. He said forensic technicians are processing the car for evidence.

Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.

More from:

National News

More from WTOP

Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up