This content is sponsored by Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA)
The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) offers the following travel tips for this holiday weekend:
Travel off-peak when heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The best times to travel the Bay Bridge this weekend include:
- Thursday – before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Friday – before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Saturday – before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Sunday – before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Memorial Day Monday – before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
Motorists should remain on US 50 to keep local roadways open for first responders and residents.
Let Us Feed You Bay Bridge Traffic Updates!
For real-time updates on traffic and major incidents follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/TheMDTA. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/TheMDTA. To view real-time traffic camera images on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.maryland.gov. Call 1-877-BAYSPAN (229-7726) for 24/7 Bay Bridge traffic conditions.
- Visit baybridge.com to view traffic cameras
- To sign up for email/text alerts or view real-time traffic camera images on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.maryland.gov
- Get there faster with E-ZPass! Visit com to enroll online and for a list of E-ZPass “On the Go” retail locations.
- Consider the Intercounty Connector (ICC)/MD 200 and I-95 Express Toll Lanes (ETL) in Baltimore during your holiday travels. Visit maryland.gov for toll rates.
Keeping traffic moving as safely and efficiently as possible is the MDTA’s priority. The MDTA Police will remain vigilant and target aggressive and impaired drivers, seatbelt violators and criminal activity. Additional MDTA Police patrols will be on the lookout for impaired drivers at Maryland toll facilities throughout the holiday weekend.
For your SAFETY and the SAFETY of other motorists and emergency personnel:
- Buckle Up! Every Seat. Every Time.
- Devote your full attention to driving – it is illegal to text and use hand-held cell phones while driving in Maryland.
- Keep your eyes on the road – do not sight-see.
- Do not tailgate – keep a safe following distance.
- Obey posted speed limits and overhead lane-control signals.
- Avoid changing lanes while traveling over bridges and through tunnels.
- Headlights are required at all times on the Bay Bridge.
- If your vehicle becomes disabled, remain inside and call #77 for assistance.
- When contacting a dispatch center, motorists should be prepared to provide:
- The location of the emergency;
- A call-back telephone number; and
- Details of the incident/disabled vehicle or other circumstances.
- State law requires vehicles to move over when approaching an emergency, transportation, service and utility vehicle or tow truck with red, yellow or amber flashing lights. If you are unable to move over, slow down.
E-ZPass Maryland Customer Service Centers will be closed on Monday, May 27. Visit ezpassmd.com or use the automated system at 1-888-321-6824.