WTOP ‘s Top Fans Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The WTOP’s Top Fans Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are 18 years or older and residents of Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Washington D.C., Maryland or Virginia radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WTOP within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WTOP within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WTOP contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 7, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2023 (the ” Sweepstakes Period”). There will be a random drawing the first business day following each month during the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Monthly Random Drawing”) as set forth in Official Rule #4 below.
- How to Enter: To enter, you must download the WTOP Mobile Stream Player app (the “Stream Rewards”) from your App marketplace to your iPhone, iPad or Android device, and open the Stream Rewards on your smartphone or iPad or tablet. Then, listen to WTOP through the Stream Rewards during the Sweepstakes Period for a minimum of 5 hours per week (20 hours total per month), and for every 5 hours you listen through the WTOP Stream Rewards in any week during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry into the Monthly Random Drawing, regardless of how many hours you listen each week. Limit of one (1) entry per month regardless of how many hours you listen each week. There is a total of four (4) entries per person allowed throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period.
- Random Drawings: On or about the first business day following each month during the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received up until the time of each Monthly Random Drawing. There will be a total of four (4) Grand Prize winners during the entire Sweepstakes Period, in the event not enough sufficient entries are received, Sponsor has the right to conduct fewer than four random drawings and award fewer than four Grand Prizes at its sole discretion. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received in by each Monthly Random Drawing. Any non-winning entries from any Monthly Random Drawing WILL be rolled over to subsequent Monthly Random Drawings. The Grand Prize winners will be notified via email or telephone the day they are selected as a potential winner. Failure to respond to the email or telephone notification within three (3) days will be deemed forfeiture of the Grand Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. Limit one Grand Prize per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): Four (4) Grand Prizes – The following prizes will be available on a rotating basis (one each month), and will include one of the following prizes (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion): Prize 1 – Lunch with your favorite WTOP on-air personality, voicing on-air and a studio tour. ARV: $25.00. OR Prize 2 – WTOP Swag Bag. ARV: $25.00. OR Prize #3 – Call from the WTOP Newsroom. ARV: there is no value associated with this particular prize. Prizes consist of only the items listed as part of the prize.
No prize transfer or substitutes allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability or for any reason and only then for prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Sponsor may provide the winner with an IRS Form 1099 reflecting their portion of the prize, or such other governmental tax forms that may be necessary, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, the winners will either, as determined solely by Sponsor, be told how they will receive their prize in one of two ways as follows: (1) Prize Pick-Up/Coordination: as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner may be required to claim his/her prize in person at WTOP Studios located 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) on a specific date and time as mutually agreed upon by winner and Sponsor and the qualified winner and may be required to sign a Publicity and Liability Release and W9 (“Releases”) upon (and as a condition of) picking up/use the Prize. In the event the winner fails to coordinate a date and time agreed upon by Sponsor to pick up or claim their prize, the winner forfeits their right to that prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate or may be forfeited in its entirety, at Sponsor’s sole option. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. OR (2) Prize Mailed: Sponsor may at it’s sole option mail out the prize to the winner(s) once Sponsor receives all necessary and required Releases (defined in 6 (1) above) from each winner in the timeframe required by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, damaged or delayed mailing of any prizes. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of mailing of any prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of District of Columbia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District Of Columbia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District Of Columbia.
- Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules or names of the winners, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules/Winner’s List (designate which), WTOP’s Top Fans Sweepstakes, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Washington D.C, LLC and its station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.