WTOP News – Nominate Your TOP 10 favorite Local Restaurants
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF
WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: To enter the Nominate Your TOP 10 favorite Local Restaurant Contest (“Contest”), listeners must be 18 years of age or older and reside in Maryland, DC or Virginia (each, a “Nominator”). To be eligible for a nomination, each local restaurant to be nominated must have a physical presence in Maryland, DC or Virginia, and have a majority of locations within the DC, VA, MD area and be currently open for business at the time of nomination (each, a “Nominee”). Previous year’s(2020) grand prize winners ARE NOT eligible to WIN the current year’s(2021) contest. PLEASE NOTE that the Nominee making it into the Top-10 is the deemed the Grand Prize winner, and not the Nominator. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its radio station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 (the “Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC (collectively with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the DMV area of Sponsor, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- Contest Period: Nominators may submit their nomination in this Contest beginning at or about 8:00:00 AM ET on July 19, 2021 and ending at or about 3:00 PM ET on July 23, 2021 (“Nomination Period”). . Voting will begin at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on August 2, 2021, and ending at or about 5:00 p.m. ET on August 13, 2021 (the “Voting Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, Nominators can visit www.wtop.com (“Website”) during the Nomination Period, search “Top 10” and complete the online official nomination form, which includes the Nominator name, Nominator email, Nominator telephone #, Nominator address, Nominator YOB, whether or not Nominator is a Home Owner, Nominator Gender, Nominee Business name, Nominee Business Address, Nominee Business Telephone #, which Category you are nominating Nominee Business for (see Category list below). Limit one (1) Nominee per Nominator per Category per day. Sponsor is not responsible for internet or telephone line unavailability, incomplete uploads of any nomination or other technical problems that may arise in connection with your entry into the Contest. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. By submitting a nomination, you hereby acknowledge and agree that your nomination may be aired on WTOP without prior consent by or notice to the entrant and for no additional compensation.
To enter, the Nominator may nominate their Nominee (i.e., favorite local restaurant) in each of 10 categories (each, a “Category” or collectively, “Categories”):
- Best Pizza
- Best Brunch
- Best BBQ
- Best Burger
- Best International Cuisine
- Best Vegetarian/Vegan
- Best Place to Get a Drink (bar, winery, distillery, brewery,etc)
- Best Coffee Shop
- Best Bakery
- Best Crabs
- How the Winners are Chosen & Notified: Then, valid nominations will be compiled and posted for members of the general public to vote for their favorite Nominee on the Website. The Nominee who receives the highest number of votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the Grand Prize winner in that Category. LIMIT ONE VOTE PER PERSON PER CATEGORY PER DAY. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. No one may offer to sell votes (or offer to be paid, whether in currency, in kind or other form of compensation, for votes). The use of automated or third party software or Website to participate in the Public Voting Period is prohibited. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any votes cast or entries associated with such votes in violation of the above restrictions. Nominees can only win in (1) Category. In the event a nominee receives the most votes in more than one Category, Sponsor will make the determination which Category they will be deemed the Grand Prize winner in, and the Nominee with the second highest number of votes in the remaining Category will be deemed the Grand Prize winner for that remaining Category. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible votes that are received during the Voting Period. NOTE: WTOP TOP 10 winners from last year’s contest (2020) are not eligible to win in this year’s contest (2021) – should they receive the most votes in any category, the runner up will be selected as the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about the day immediately following the end of the Voting Period once the Grand Prize winner is determined, and the name of the Grand Prize winning restaurant may be read on-air on WTOP.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”) – Ten (10) Grand Prizes – A $1000.00 cash/check to the Grand Prize winning restaurant. ARV: $1000.00 each. Prize is not transferrable or substitutable, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. The Winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any, but only at for the value of the $1000.00 cash/check they receive.
- Claiming the Prize: Upon Winner verification, Sponsor will mail the Grand Prize check to the Grand Prize winner to the address provided by the Grand Prize winner during the winner notification and verification process. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each Nominator and Nominee agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and liability, including, but not limited to. negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use, for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state courts of Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
- Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules see the Website until August 17, 2021, or the name of the Contest winner (available after August 17, 2021), send a hand-printed, self addressed, stamped envelope by August 17, 2021 to: WTOP Top 10 Contest Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), WTOP Top 10 Contest, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy, Chase, MD 20815.
- 12. Sponsor: WTOP-FM, LLC and its station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy, Chase, MD 20815