NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING
- When to Enter: You may enter the WTOP “Instagram Swag Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) from 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 16, 2023 through 5:00:00 PM ET on October 29, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit the WTOP page on Instagram (the “Page”). Once on the Page, find the Sweepstakes post and perform the following four (4) tasks to receive one entry into the random drawing: (1) follow WTOP on Instagram, (2) Like the Post; (3) tag @WTOP in an Instagram post or Story showing us how you listen to WTOP; AND (4) the post must include BOTH hashtags #ihearditonWTOP #Sweepstakes. Please note: the post MUST include BOTH hashtags #ihearditonWTOP #Sweepstakes and the entrant must have performed all four (4) tasks in order to be included in the Sweepstakes random drawing as an eligible entry. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. All entries must be received by 5:00:00 PM ET on October 29 2023, to be entered into random drawing.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
PLEASE NOTE: Entrants must adjust their Instagram account settings to allow for receipt of messages from Sponsor. For this purpose, entrants will have to set their Instagram account settings to ‘Public’, and take any further necessary steps to ensure receipt of any communication from Sponsor. It is solely entrant’s burden to take any steps necessary to adjust their Instagram account settings so that messages can be sent by Sponsor. An Entrant’s non-receipt of a message from Sponsor for any reason, including for failure on behalf of entrant to adjust Instagram account settings, shall be entrant’s, and not Sponsor’s fault. Similarly, Sponsor shall not be held liable if they are not able to view an entrant’s entry for any reason, including the failure on behalf of entrant to adjust their Instagram account settings accordingly. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that the Sponsor has the right to contact the entrant by direct Message via entrant’s Instagram or email accounts provided upon registrations to administer and fulfill this Sweepstakes.
- Random Drawing: A random drawing will be conducted on or about October 30, 2023, from among all eligible received to select one (!) Grand Prize winner. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries are received. Sponsor will conduct the random drawing. Grand Prize winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram on or about the date of the drawing. Sponsor will make up to 2 attempts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted after 2 attempts, that potential winner will forfeit the prize, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for any winner notification that goes unanswered or is not received for any reason by any potential winner.
- Claiming Your Prize: Upon winner verification, the winner will either, as determined solely by Sponsor, be told how they will receive their prize in one of two ways as follows: (1) Prize Pick-Up: as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must claim his/her prize in person at WTOP Studios located 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) within five (5) business days of the day he or she wins to verify that he/she is the qualified winner and may be required to sign a Publicity and Liability Release and W9 (“Releases”) upon (and as a condition of) picking up the Prize. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim the Grand Prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. OR (2) Prize Mailed: Sponsor may mail out the prize to the winner(s) once Sponsor receives all necessary and required Releases (defined in 6 (1) below) from the winner in the timeframe required by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, damaged or delayed mailing of any prizes. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Prize & Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize – A WTOP Prize Pack consisting of Sponsor-specified WTOP prizes. A WTOP Swg bag, including: a WTOP Tumbler, a WTOP Pop Socket, a WtOP t-shirt and a WTOP pen. ARV: $100.00.
Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. The Prize will be awarded only if the potential Prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. The Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any reason. The Prize winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. Prize consists of only the item specifically listed as part of the prize. The winner may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner may be required to sign and complete a W9 prior to receiving their prize and a 1099 form will be submitted by Sponsor (or Administrator, on behalf of the Sponsor) to all appropriate taxing authorities.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are 18 years or older and residents of Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Washington D.C., Maryland or Virginia radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WTOP within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WTOP within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WTOP contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties and Instagram from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties and Instagram from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
- Sweepstakes Winner: For the Sweepstakes Winner’s name (available after October 30, 2023) send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 5, 2023 to: “Winners List, WTOP Instagram Swag Giveaway Winner, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
- Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the WTOP Instagram page, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 5, 2023 to: WTOP Instagram Swag Giveaway Rules Request, WTOP 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its station WTOP 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.