WTOP and Huntington Learning Center are proud to present our 2019 “Junior Reporter” contest that gives kids in grades K-12 in the Washington, D.C. area the chance to compete to become a junior journalist.
Entries will be accepted through Oct. 20, 2019.
One winner will be crowned in each of the following grade categories: K-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
Each winner will receive the following prizes:
- $1,000 for the student
- $1,000 for the student’s school
- VIP treatment for the winner at the WTOP Studios – including a tour and chance to be featured on-air and online at WTOP.com.
Students enrolled in public, private or charter K-12 schools located in one of the following areas are eligible to compete:
- In Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Calvert County, Charles County, Frederick County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, and St. Mary’s County;
- In Virginia: Arlington County, Culpeper County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Stafford County, Spotsylvania County, City of Alexandria, City of Fairfax, City of Falls Church, City of Manassas, and City of Manassas Park;
- In Washington, D.C.: public, private and charter schools
Please read our rules here for qualifications before submitting your nomination! All videos must be 90 seconds or less and journalistic in nature.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After submitting this form, you will receive an email from WTOP. You must click on the “verify email” button to complete your submission.
Click here to view our Junior Reporter FAQ.
Click here for the complete list of Junior Reporter Rules.
Not sure how to upload your video to YouTube? No problem! Click here for our how-to guide.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or voting issues.
Tutoring That Really works
Programs molded by experienced tutors and taught on a personal level.
For almost 40 years, Huntington’s highly trained tutors have worked with students of all ages and abilities to improve their grades and build self-confidence, organizational skills, and good study habits. Whether your child is struggling academically or just wants to get ahead, we can tailor a tutoring program that will achieve results. We can help unlock your child’s potential and send struggles packing with individualized tutoring in a number of academic fundamentals or major subjects.
Huntington can help!
We understand that no two students learn alike. With subjects ranging from reading and writing to math and science, our tutoring programs provide personalized instruction based on each student’s individual needs. Regardless if they are struggling with poor homework habits to difficulties due to ADHD, at Huntington, we’ve helped thousands of students quickly improve their grades and build their confidence. We are dedicated to building academic success that will last a lifetime.
Visit Huntington here.