Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. PROTESTER SHOT BY POLICE IN HONG KONG IN DAY OF SPIRALING VIOLENCE
The shooting of an anti-government protester in the stomach by an officer was captured on video as demonstrators blocked train lines and roads and a man was set on fire following an apparent dispute over national identity.
1. WHO SOUGHT PROFIT FROM ENERGY IN UKRAINE
Two political supporters of U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry secured a potentially lucrative oil and gas exploration deal from the Ukrainian government soon after Perry proposed one of the men as an adviser to the country’s new president.
3. IMPEACHMENT: WHAT’S NEXT
Americans will have their public first view of the impeachment inquiry, as proceedings emerge from closed doors to live hearings.
4. WHAT PROMPTED BOLIVIA’S PRESIDENT TO RESIGN
President Evo Morales left office after his reelection victory triggered weeks of fraud allegations and deadly protests.
5. PALESTINIAN RECOUNTS HORROR OF BEING ABUSED, SHOT BY ISRAELIS
Karam Qawasmi tells the Associated Press that he was run over by a military jeep, then beaten for hours before troops released him, only to shoot him in the back as he walked away.
6. ‘GIVING THE LITTLE GUY A CHANCE, THAT’S WHAT IT’S ABOUT’
Roughly a half-dozen candidates in the very bottom tier of the Democratic presidential primary are soldiering on, hoping that there’s still a chance to catch fire.
7. THE NATION’S OLDEST-EVER EX-PRESIDENT DRAWS HUNDREDS TO SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS
Ninety-five year old Jimmy Carter still teaches roughly twice a month at Maranatha Baptist Church in his hometown of Plains in Georgia.
8. KAISER PERMANENTE CEO DIES
Bernard J. Tyson, the first African American to head the company, died in his sleep at the age of 60
9. CHINESE E-COMMERCE GIANTS REPORT $50 BILLION IN SINGLES DAY SALES SO FAR
The annual marketing event is the world’s busiest online shopping day with retailers offering discounts on goods from craft beer to TV sets to health care packages.
10. COOK AND THE VIKINGS BEAT THE COWBOYS ON THE ROAD
NFL rushing leader Dalvin Cook ran for 97 yards and had 86 yards receiving leading Minnesota to beat Dallas 28-24.
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.