WTOP – $500 WINNING WORD SWEEPSTAKES
- HOW TO ENTER/WIN: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Listen to WTOP weekdays (Monday-Friday) from Monday, April 20, 2015, through 8:00 p.m. on Monday, May 25, 2015, after the traffic and weather report weekdays (Monday-Friday) at 8:08 a.m., 12:08 p.m. and 4:08 p.m. when the on-air talent will announce that hour’s “winning word.” In order to enter via this method, text the “winning word of the day” announced to 91035. Listeners will have sixty (60) minutes from the time of the announcement to text in to participate for a chance to win. Or listeners may email the “winning word” for that hour to firstname.lastname@example.org; listeners will have sixty (60) minutes from the time of the announcement to send the email entry.
From all eligible entries received for each “winning word” from both text message entries and email entries, one (1) entry will be randomly drawn at the WTOP-FM Studios after the sixty (60) minute period ends to become a winner. All non-winning entries received for any keyword will NOT be carried over to subsequent random drawings. There will be three (3) winners per day, for a total of seventy-eight (78) winners. Each winner will be notified by text message and/or email (using the telephone number or email address used to enter the sweepstakes) that he/she has won and will be required to send his/her name, telephone number and address via email within twelve (12) hours of being contacted to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to respond within twelve (12) hours of being contacted will result in the person not winning the prize and another name will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries for that specific “winning word.”
Text message rates apply. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number is registered. The winner may be required to provide evidence that the winner is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and any applicable release. Limit one text message per person, per specific hourly keyword.
Note that webcasts of WTOP’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in this sweepstakes.
Limit: One (1) winner per household during the duration of this sweepstakes.
- PRIZES: There will be seventy-eight (78) winners (but Sponsor reserves the right to award less than seventy-eight (78) winners in the event there are not enough qualified entries in any random drawing). Each winner will receive $500.
Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received for each “winning word of the day” random drawing.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 4 of these rules. Each winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, each winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: Each winner has ten days after the day he or she wins the prize to complete, sign and return the Prize Release and form W9 and verify they are eligible to win prior to awarding of prize. Release form and W9 may be returned to WTOP via mail (sent to: WTOP, 3400 Idaho Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20016), via fax at 202895-5140 or scanned and emailed to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners have forty-eight (48) hours from the time they are contacted by station to accept or deny prize or prize may be forfeited. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WTOP (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If the winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, another name will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries. Once the winner has completed the necessary paperwork, the winner will be sent a check to his/her home address. WTOP is not responsible for problems resulting from the mailing of the prize to the winner’s home address
- ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older and residents of Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland or West Virginia in order to participate in this sweepstakes. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this sweepstakes, you cannot have won a prize from WTOP within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its station WTOP or Hubbard Radio, LLC, or other radio stations in WTOP’s DMA, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in WTOP sweepstakes/contests for a period of one year.
- RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its station, WTOP and Hubbard Radio, LLC (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding or acceptance of the prize(s), and/or misuse of any prize, or to participation in the sweepstakes or in prize-related activities, including any travel related thereto, and (b) consents to the use by WTOP for promotional purposes, of his or her likeness or voice (and/or address (city/state)) without any additional compensation. By participating in this sweepstakes, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
- WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before June 30, 2015, to Winners List, WTOP $500 Winning Word of the Day, WTOP, 3400 Idaho Avenue N.W., Washington, D.C. 20016.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Decisions of WTOP concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WTOP reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. WTOP is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. WTOP reserves the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice.