The Arlington County Police Department will close a number of roads for the Fourth of July holiday on Thursday to accommodate the crowds moving throughout the county.
Memorial Bridge and Memorial Circle will be closed all day, from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Below are the other closures to expect.
From 3:00 to 11:00 p.m.:
- N. Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Route 50 (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
- Marshall Drive from Route 110 to N. Meade Street
- EB N. Fairfax Drive from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive
- Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Exit ramp from eastbound Route 50 to N. Meade Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Long Bridge Drive from Boundary Channel Drive to 10th Street S.
From 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- EB Route 50 at N. Pershing Drive (detour at N. Barton Street or Washington Blvd)
- Columbia Pike between S. Orme Street and S. Joyce Street
- S. Joyce Street from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike
“Independence Day event attendees are strongly encouraged to use public transportation,” police said in a press release.
“The Rosslyn Metro stop on the Orange Line is approximately five blocks north of the Iwo Jima Memorial, and the Air Force Memorial is within walking distance of the Pentagon City Metro station,” the release continued. “Arlington County will also be running shuttle buses to Long Bridge Park from the Crystal City and Pentagon City Metro stations.”