A fire in a duplex across from the Sheraton National Hotel, on the 900 block of S. Orme Street, has sent 6 people to the hospital.
The fire, which was was reported just before 11:00 a.m., started on the first floor of the duplex, according to Arlington County Fire Department spokesman Capt. Gregg Karl.
Six individuals, including several children, were transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
For the hundreds of thousands of migrants on the move across Europe, the pace of a day is dictated by forces almost entirely beyond their control.