The permit action in D.C. picked up Wednesday with a heavy bent toward retail and casual dining. What’s coming? Read below.
- 500 North Capitol St. NW: Work is set to begin on a new Corner Bakery, which will join the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery LLP at the renovated office building — renamed The McDermott Building — a block west of Union Station. It will be the seventh Corner Bakery in D.C.
- 1010 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Unit 100: A “cold dark shell” within the Ten Ten Mass condo building will be converted into a 1,414-square-foot Subway restaurant with 25 seats.
- 801 K St. NW: Historical Society of Washington and Events D.C. will prep for The Ambassador’s Ball with the raising of roughly seven tents outside the Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square. A new player on the inauguration party front for 2013, The Ambassador’s Ball will feature roughly 35 ambassadors, Miss USA Nana Meriwether, DJ Biz Markie and a handful of international artists. The Washington Post recently reported that organizers were robo-calling to drum up ticket sales.
- 3222 M St. NW: Interior renovations to the existing J.Crew tenant space. Unclear what those changes will be, though Georgetown Patch reported more than two years ago that the owner was looking to expand.
- 3222 M St. NW: Renovations at the Shops at Georgetown Park for the new T.J.Maxx retail store.
- 355 E St. SW: Construction of new office space on the second floor for the Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General, a first time tenant in the building.
- 100 Florida Ave. NE: MRP Realty will install a tower crane for its NoMa 400-unit apartment building currently under construction.
- 12 Florida Ave. NW: A beauty salon will be converted to a beauty supply store with an accessory nail salon.