A natural gas-fed fire broke out at the Carlton Condominium building at 4600 S. Four Mile Run Drive this morning, but was quickly extinguished by firefighters.
The fire was reported around 9:00 a.m. in a top floor apartment of the 12-story building. Heavy smoke was seen coming from the apartment upon emergency responders’ arrival. Described as a natural gas-fed kitchen fire, the blaze was quickly knocked down once Arlington County firefighters reached the apartment.
The fire did not spread to other apartments, but smoke did spread to at least two other units. Firefighters are ventilating the smoke now.