Kitchen fire displaces students in College Park

WASHINGTON – A kitchen fire in College Park Wednesday night has displaced four students.

Prince George’s County Firefighters were alerted to the Courtyard apartment complex fire at 800 Boetler Lane and arrived around 5:30 p.m. Heavy smoke was coming from the first floor apartment.

The students attend the University of Maryland and have made temporary living arrangements with friends. There were no injuries.

In a press release, Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department said, “Unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires and fire related injuries not only here in Prince George’s County but across the Country. Always remain in the kitchen while food is cooking.”

Follow WTOP on Twitter.

(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Advertiser Content