In order to provide a better environment for commenting, we have changed our commenting platform. In order to participate, you will need to register. Unfortunately, old log-in and accounts are not able to transfer to our new system. We have also enabled you to be able to log in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
WTOP.com - Purpose of Comments statement
Hubbard Radio, LLC encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comment boards following articles, blog posts and other content can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior here. We encourage your thoughtful comments which:
- Have a positive and constructive tone
- Are on topic, clear and to-the-point
- Are respectful toward others and their opinions
Hubbard Radio, LLC reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
With some bumps but no drama, Rory McIlroy wins British Open, going wire-to-wire for the third leg of the 2014 golf Grand Slam. Full Story
WTOP's Jonathan Warner talks about the resurgent Wizards, the Nats' central division woes and the year-round nature of professional sports. Full Story
A schoolteacher by day, Erin Magee has broken onto the local sports scene as the in-game host for the Capitals and Kastles. Full Story
The Brompton U.S. Championship bike race took place on Sunday, July 13 at RFK Stadium.
The Washington Kastles kick off their home season as they take aim at their fifth World Team Tennis title in eight years.
As the world's biggest sporting event gets underway, see photos from people around the world watching the 2014 World Cup.
Red Bull Global Rallycross made its D.C. debut, bringing motorsports back to the District for the first time in 12 years.
The WTOP staff shares their picks for a champion, how well the U.S. will fare, and dark horses at the 2014 World Cup.
Little League is marking its 75th anniversary.
Actor and Redskins fan Matthew McConaughey visits with Robert Griffin III.
The songs that help motivate the Washington Nationals players before they bat.
MLB - Nats/Orioles
NFL - Redskins
NBA - Wizards
NHL - Caps
Soccer - D.C. United
- LSU freshman tackle injured punching glass
- Big 12 commish's dire warning about pending change
- Big 12 assigns 1st female football official
- Briles unfazed by Fisher talk of title games
- DL Stansbury leaves Aggies; DB Davis arrested
- Gophers All-American McNamara dies at 82
- Petrino returns to Louisville for 1st ACC season
- McIlroy will emerge even stronger than ever
- Top seeds Cirstea, Svitolina win openers in Baku
- Querrey beats Johnson at Atlanta Open
- Jovanovski advances at Baku Cup
- Kirilenko ends engagement to NHL star Ovechkin
- Troicki wins match at Swiss Open after 1-year ban
- McIlroy has silver cup, now he wants green jacket
Hi: 88 °F | Lo: 74 °F