FREDERICK, Md. - A professional snake trapper is recovering after being bitten in the finger by a poisonous copperhead snake in Maryland.
The Frederick News-Post ( http://tinyurl.com/8f35zyn) reports Tammy McCormack was removing a copperhead from deer netting in a Silver Spring garden on Wednesday when the snake bit her right index finger. On the drive back to her home in Frederick, McCormack says her finger swelled up and she began experiencing excruciating pain, nausea and a headache.
McCormack was taken to Frederick Memorial Hospital for treatment and will likely remain there for several days.
This isn't the first time McCormack has been bitten by a poisonous snake. She's also been bitten by a timber rattlesnake.
McCormack writes a column about snakes and other area wildlife for The Frederick News-Post.
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Seth MacFarlane makes his decision on hosting next year's Oscars.
Check out the most expensive home for sale in the U.S. (Video)
A man broke the world record by riding a Ferris wheel.
Something unusual: Acupuncture for ailing sea turtles. (Photos)