MIDDLETOWN, Conn. (AP) - Officials say a fire alarm that went off at a Connecticut high school was activated by a student's "overabundance" of body spray in a locker room.
Firefighters were called to Middletown High School shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday.
Officials told The Middletown Press ( http://bit.ly/Kej9rY) that the student used an excessive amount of the scented spray and created a cloud of mist right below a heat sensor, which tripped the fire alarm.
Firefighters allowed students and teachers to return to the building shortly after arriving.
Officials deemed the call a "routine accidental."
Information from: The Middletown Press, http://www.middletownpress.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A new gadget will let you know how active your dog is. (Video)
Katy Perry talks about Russell Brand and says she loves John Mayer.
Ed Koch planned every detail of his funeral - except one crucial date.
Hop-heavy beers rule these rankings of the best in the U.S.