Adam Tuss, wtop.com
BETHESDA, Md. -- There are probably one, two, three or even more intersections you dread having to pass through as part of your commute.
A new report is taking a closer look at the most congested intersections in Montgomery County.
According to the County's Planning Department, the top 10 most congested intersections are:
- Old Georgetown Road at Democracy Boulevard
- Darnestown Road at Riffle Ford Road
- Shady Grove Road at Choke Cherry Lane
- Rockville Pike at West Cedar Lane
- Georgia Avenue at Norbeck Road
- MD-355 at Edmonston Drive
- Great Seneca Highway at Muddy Branch Road
- Connecticut Avenue at Jones Bridge Road
- E Gude Drive at Crabbs Branch Way/Cecil Street
- Randolph Road at New Hampshire Avenue
The Planning Department says the intersections were ranked based on data gathered between 2008 and 2011. The volume data reflects a snapshot of intersection performance, captured at a particular time and place.
The Mobility Assessment Report also says traffic congestion in the county hasn't gotten worse over the past two years, but the county's roads continue to be strained by increasing numbers of residents and commuters who rely on cars.
The county's planning board is scheduled to take an in-depth look at the report during a meeting on Thursday.
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
An 800-pound alligator? That's not bad for a first hunting trip.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
Want to understand a partner? Get to know their brain.
The "Terminator 2" actor is suspected of violating a restraining order.