UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - Authorities say a woman pulled from her burning home in Prince George's County over the weekend has died.
The woman, who was not identified, died late Sunday. She had suffered burns and smoke inhalation.
County fire department spokesman Mark Brady says the woman was found unconscious inside her burning two-story house on Peachleaf Court in Upper Marlboro. The fire broke out early Sunday morning, and investigators believe it was accidental.
Brady says two other fires Sunday may have been linked to efforts to cope with the weekend's chilly weather.
He says it appears the initial use of a home furnace may have been connected to a fire in College Park. Brady says the use of a space heater may have led to another house fire in Brentwood.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
"Jenny from the Block" wants you to buy Verizon phones from her.
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
WTOP takes an all-electric motorcycle for a test drive. (Video)
This cutie needs a new home. She's WTOP's Pet of the Week.