Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Boy admits prank 911 call on Ashton Kutcher's home

Tuesday - 3/12/2013, 9:54am  ET

File - In this Jan. 25, 2013 file photo, actor Ashton Kutcher, who portrays Apple's Steve Jobs in the film "jOBS," poses at its premiere during the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, in Park City, Utah. Los Angeles prosecutors say a 12-year-old boy admitted Monday, March 11, 2013, to making prank 911 calls that drew a large police response to Kutcher's home last year. The boy, who has not been publicly identified, will be sentenced at a later date. (Photo by Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP, File)

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Prosecutors say a 12-year-old boy has admitted making a prank 911 call that drew police to Ashton Kutcher's home.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office says the boy admitted responsibility for making a false bomb threat and computer intrusion. He will be sentenced at a later date.

Prosecutors say the boy is also accused of making false 911 calls involving Justin Bieber's house and a bank. Those charges will likely be dismissed, but the district attorney's office says the allegations will be considered when the boy is sentenced.

The boy's identity has not been released.

His calls were among several targeting celebrities in the Los Angeles area in recent months in a practice known as "swatting." The pranks are intended to draw large police responses, including SWAT teams.


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.