Comment
0
Tweet
7
Print
RSS Feeds

Hotel evacuated near BWI for carbon monoxide

Sunday - 2/16/2014, 8:10pm  ET

LINTHICUM, Md. (AP) -- Officials evacuated a hotel near the Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport for elevated carbon monoxide levels, and nine people were taken to hospitals for carbon monoxide exposure.

Officials evacuated the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport hotel in Linthicum on Sunday afternoon. A worker reported feeling faint while in the building's laundry room and officials were called. A fire department spokesman says carbon monoxide was found on all seven floors of the hotel, which is located at 1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road.

Eight employees and one guest were hospitalized. All nine are in stable condition.

According to its website the hotel has 260 rooms. It's about two miles from the airport.

Reached by telephone Sunday night, two different employees said no one was available to comment and hung up the phone.

___

Information from: WUSA-TV, http://www.wusatv9.com


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.