WASHINGTON -- Some 3,500 friends, families and coworkers gathered at dusk in Rockville, Md., on Saturday, Oct. 12, for the annual "Light The Night Walk" to celebrate blood cancer survivors and commemorate those lost.
According to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), walkers raise funds in honor of local Honored Heroes, patient or survivors of blood cancer who provide inspiration and support. The 2013 Honored Heroes include:
- Leukemia survivor Aracelis Vicente of Silver Spring
- Manassas resident and lymphoma survivor Richard Zavadowski
- Leukemia survivor Ava Buhr of Fairfax
- Arlington leukemia survivor Moira Hogan
- Four-year-old leukemia survivor Logan Taliaferro of Upper Marlboro
- Leukemia patient Billind Taib of Centreville
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.