PARKVILLE, Md. (AP) -- Officials are trying to determine what sickened eight people at a Parkville group home.
Baltimore County paramedics were called to the home on Hillcrest Avenue late Sunday night for an unconscious person.
Officials say the person was taken to Franklin Square Hospital, but paramedics were called back early Monday when several other people also felt ill. Four staffers, including one who called for assistance after she went home, and four residents were taken to area hospitals. Six of those patients were later transferred to Shock Trauma.
Fire officials said late Monday that personnel detected high levels of carbon monoxide. The source of the CO was not clear.
Fire officials asked the Maryland Department of the Environment to perform additional tests.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.