WASHINGTON - Mongtomery County police are investigating a series of 20 residential or attempted residential burglaries that occurred between April 11 and June 5.
All of the burglaries occurred on or near Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville.
The suspects targeted both single family home and apartments during the burglaries, which took place on weekdays, some during the day and some during the evening.
Most items taken were small and easy to remove from the homes.
The police do not have a suspect description.
The locations of the 20 incidents are as follows:
- 4/11 - 1400 block Gladstone Dr.
- 4/18 - 1200 block Edmonston Dr.
- 4/18-22 - 12900 block Twinbrook Pkwy.
- 4/23 - 13200 block Twinbrook Pkwy.
- 4/26 - 2000 block Ashleigh Woods Ct.
- 5/7 - 300 block Gruenther Ave.
- 5/8 - 5800 block Pier Dr.
- 5/10 - 5500 block Alderbrook Ct.
- 5/14 - 12900 block Twinbrook Pkwy.
- 5/14-21 - Unit block of Alsace Ln.
- 5/15 - Unit block of Alsace Ln.
- 5/16 - 5900 block Halpine Rd.
- 5/24 - 13200 block of Twinbrook Pkwy.
- 5/27 - 12800 block of Twinbrook Pkwy.
- 5/27-28 - 5900 block Halpine Rd.
- 5/28-29 - 600 block Marcia Ln.
- 5/29-30 - 12900 block Twinbrook Pkwy.
- 5/30 - 600 block Linthicum St.
- 5/31 - 5500 block Besley Ct.
- 6/4-5 - 900 block Wade Ave.
Community members are asked to be particularly observant for suspicious persons and vehicles in the area. Residents can call the police non-emergency number 301- 279-8000 if a crime is not noticeably in progress, but should call 9-1-1 if a suspicious person appears to be attempting to gain entry to a home. Callers should try to provide as many specific descriptive details as possible.
Anyone with information in reference to these residential burglaries should call the 1st District Investigative Section at 240-773-6084 or Rockville City Police detectives at 240-314-8938.
Those who wish to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or leave a Crime Solvers tip here. Crime Solvers will pay a cash reward of up to $10,000 for information provided to them that leads to an arrest and/or indictment for these felony crimes.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.