INDIAN HEAD, Md. (AP) -- Fire officials in Maryland say a woman has died in a house fire in Indian Head.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal said officials were called to a home at 5315 Stuckey Road at 10:17 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a fire. Fire officials say seven people were able to escape from the home without injury but 66-year-old Geraldine Key died.
Fire officials say one firefighter sustained a burn injury and was treated and released from the hospital. The fire caused $80,000 in damage.
Officials said Wednesday that the blaze began when combustible items came in contact with an operating kerosene heater.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
This cutie needs a new home. She's WTOP's Pet of the Week.
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
What will you be doing when you're 81? Probably not this.
This fox plays like a cat when he gets his paws on a golf ball. (Video)