LAUREL, Md. (AP) - Prince George's County firefighters say a house was heavily damaged by a fire that began when residents were smoking a turkey on a propane grill on the rear deck.
The fire was reported at about 11 p.m. Wednesday on Prince George Street in Laurel. Officials say the blaze started on the house's exterior and spread into the two-story home.
One firefighter suffered an illness at the scene and was taken to a local hospital.
Damage was estimated at $100,000 and the family was displaced.
Also, Baltimore County firefighters say a house's deck was damaged Thursday afternoon in Fullerton when a turkey fryer was warming up and oil splattered. One person suffered minor burns to his arms and face.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Cuomo to Kardashian: You might be breaking the law.
Germany seizes the pet after the Biebs fails to get it from customs.
Check out the most expensive home for sale in the U.S. (Video)
Something unusual: Acupuncture for ailing sea turtles. (Photos)