Comment
11
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Electric blanket to blame for Gibson Island house fire

Tuesday - 12/4/2012, 4:31am  ET

GIBSON ISLAND, Md. (AP) - Anne Arundel County firefighters say a woman has been injured in a house fire on Gibson Island.

Officials say the blaze was reported about 7 p.m. Sunday on Broadwater Way. Firefighters arrived to find a bedroom on fire.

It took 30 firefighters about 35 minutes to bring the blaze under control.

Officials say a woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

The Capital of Annapolis) reports that the fire caused $75,000 in damage. Officials say the fire was caused by a malfunctioning electric blanket.

___

Information from: The Capital of Annapolis, Md., http://capitalgazette.com


(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)