Jasmine Song, special to wtop.com
WASHINGTON -- Beau Willimon's critically acclaimed Netflix television series, "House of Cards," is seeking new talent as it returns to Maryland for a third season.
SAG-AFTRA members received a casting notice last week indicating the show's search for an NSA director as well as a number of reporters and editors, which should make for an interesting addition to the series.
Here is the listing:
Kimberly Skyrme Casting is seeking talent for "House of Cards" Season 3
Shooting availability: June 12 -July 15, 2014
Seeking performers able to portray the following:
- ER DOCTOR: MALE or FEMALE: 38-43, harried and tired
- REPORTER-SUSAN: FEMALE: 35-55 years old, open ethnicity
- REPORTER-GEOFF: MALE: 35-55 years old, open ethnicity
- PHOTOGRAPHER: MALE: 42-48 years old, open ethnicity. Photography experience essential.
- COLONEL: MALE: 50-60 years old, open ethnicity, military
- NSA DIRECTOR: MALE or FEMALE: 45-55 years old, open ethnicity
- CHAIRMAN: MALE: 50-60 years old, part of senate
- SENATOR TORN: MALE: 58-62 years old, Southern senator
- SENATOR EVERETT: FEMALE: 45-55 years old, academic
- DETECTIVE SMITH: MALE: 35-48 years old, open ethnicity, blue collar.
- BETTE: FEMALE: 32-36 years old , open ethnicity, good with hands, smart, pretty, capable
Please be selective and submit for each role that you feel you are suitable for. You must send one submission per role. Include the following subject line for your email: "HOC3: 301 & 302 - ROLE: insert role TALENT NAME: insert name."
Maryland and Media Rights Capital, which produces the show, agreed to deal last month that would allow the show to keep filming in Maryland.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.