Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Stove explosion prompts evacuation in Centreville

Sunday - 3/3/2013, 4:37am  ET

CENTREVILLE, Va. (AP) -- Two residential buildings were evacuated in Centreville after heat from an electric stove and a butane cooking stove exploded inside an apartment.

Witnesses tell WRC-TV (http://bit.ly/ZaZwF2 ) that the explosion happened about 4 p.m. Saturday in an apartment on Rydell Road. Investigators say the explosion blew out a sliding glass door. There was a blast but no fire.

No injuries were reported, and no one was inside the unit at the time of the explosion.

___

Information from: WRC-TV, http://nbcwashington.com


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Tags: firecentreville