SEVERN, Md. - Anne Arundel County fire officials say a man was seriously injured when fireworks caused a house to burn.
It happened about 11:30 a.m. Saturday on Myers Court in Severn. Officials say firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the rear of the single-family home.
The Capital of Annapolis ( http://bit.ly/YiQVDX) reports that firefighters say a man suffered serious injuries and was taken to a local hospital.
A fire department spokesman says illegal fireworks caused the blaze.
The house was deemed not habitable.
Information from: The Capital of Annapolis, Md., http://capitalgazette.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)