Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Man injured when fireworks cause house blaze

Monday - 1/21/2013, 12:23pm  ET

SEVERN, Md. - Anne Arundel County fire officials say a man was seriously injured when fireworks caused a house to burn.

It happened about 11:30 a.m. Saturday on Myers Court in Severn. Officials say firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the rear of the single-family home.

The Capital of Annapolis ( http://bit.ly/YiQVDX) reports that firefighters say a man suffered serious injuries and was taken to a local hospital.

A fire department spokesman says illegal fireworks caused the blaze.

The house was deemed not habitable.

___

Information from: The Capital of Annapolis, Md., http://capitalgazette.com


(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Tags: fireworks