VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - A dog is being blamed for starting a fire that heavily damaged a Virginia Beach home.
City fire spokesman Tim Riley says officials believe the Rottweiler's paw hit a knob as the dog was going after food stored above a gas stove.
Media outlets report the stove ignited the kitchen cabinets in the one-story home.
No one was home at the time. A neighbor rescued the dog before firefighters arrived.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Cuomo to Kardashian: You might be breaking the law.
Check out the most expensive home for sale in the U.S. (Video)
Can you guess why this pigeon is the world's most expensive?
This fox plays like a cat when he gets his paws on a golf ball. (Video)